Friday, April 2, 2010

Br& New

Hair. Has been cut.
Phone. Has been upgraded.
Teeth. Have been cleaned.
Life? Has been changed.

Not really.

But I feel like a new being.
Spring Break is coming up in about 2 hours, and 18 minutes, and I will be in a new city with the aforementioned "new" things.

With my hair all gone, I keep catching glances at myself in various windows, plastic objects, car doors, (the shiny eyes of miscellaneous people) and i don't even look like myself.
Why am I telling you this?
Because I'm starting to get used to it.
Because it's like life. Sometimes things get cut off, and you don't feel like yourself anymore, and you don't recognize your own reflection, and you don't know what to think about it because it's not bad or good, or maybe it's both. But after a while, this drastically empty feeling starts to fill in again. I'm starting to feel like "this is me" "this is my hair" "i'm still Ari."

No comments:

Post a Comment