Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cimannnnnim Toast

As I hear the "pop" of the finale of the toaster, my mouth starts to salivate.
The warm, slightly bitter, melty slice of bread intoxicates my olfactory senses, in a way no other food item can compare.
It's rich, sparkling brown face catches my eye with that of a diamond... (Neil Diamond maybe..?) And as I suffer through the eating of the outer edges (also known as "Crust" in some cultures) of this rare gem, I find my reward in the very center. Where the butter, sugar, cimmanim, and love have all concentrated into One, Perfect, Bite.
What is this crunchy deliciousness in which I indulge myself in?
If you have not experienced this little piece of bliss, I suggest you do as the ancient Kings and Queens of the world did... Get a piece of Grandma Sycamore bread, pop it in the toaster, slather some Land O'Lakes on it, and sprinkle it with cinnamon and sugar you bought from Wal-mart.
Voila.

Heaven at your Fingertips.

No comments:

Post a Comment